The Procoat Process
Procoat Painting is a professional painting company offering commercial and residential painting services in Athens GA and the Surrounding areas. We focus on supporting our team since building a strong culture is the key to providing consistent, quality results. Management is a key factor in creating a seamless experience for our crews and our clients so we are committed to communication, integrity, and professionalism. We are excited to continue growing and building long-lasting relationships.
Thank you for trusting us with your project!
With safety in mind, we will do everything we can to avoid any injuries on the jobsite. Knowing that accidents do unfortunately happen, we maintain a $1,000,000 general liability insurance policy on all people working on your home so that in the rare occurrence of an injury, you don’t have to lose sleep over the situation as we will handle it completely and take care of our crew members.
Basic Warranty: All of our work is covered by a 2-year warranty, so if at any point you notice areas that need touch ups within that timeframe, we are more than happy to come fix the issue.
In order to take advantage of our warranty agreement, we need to do a thorough, quality job. That means we take the time to properly set up before beginning to paint, which involves pressure washing, all necessary prep work, and we always use quality products so that your end result looks fresh for years to come. We don’t cut corners so that our work will withstand whatever life throws at it, so we save you money in the long run.
Generally, when done properly, our paint jobs will last 5-7 years.
Extended Warranty: This option means you are covered for 5 years from the date of the completion of your project. Some customers would like for their paint job to last longer, so we offer an extended warranty that covers two coats of paint, which costs 30% more, but should last 7-10 years.
Communication: We promise to maintain consistent communication throughout your painting process. This includes scheduling your estimate, choosing your paint colors, deciding a start date, answering any questions you have, and keeping you updated for the entire project.
Quality prep work and materials: We promise to prioritize quality preparation and products. We will send a detailed written agreement that will outline the products we will use and what prep work is required for your project. We stand by our work!
Cleanliness: We promise to keep your space clean by using drop sheets, masking the home properly, and cleaning up at the end of the day. Before the job is complete, our crew will walk through and make sure all drips are wiped up and that the area is as clean (or cleaner!) as they found it.
Satisfaction: We promise that your satisfaction is our top priority. The job is only finished when you are completely happy with the result. We will walk through one last time with you prior to collecting the final payment so you are sure that we executed your vision exactly as you imagined.
STEP BY STEP
- Our estimator will do a thorough inspection of your property and have a conversation with you so we will fully understand your needs. In order to claim your spot on our schedule, we ask for a 25% deposit.
- Within 72 hours of reserving a spot, our production manager will call you to go over details of your project and choose a potential start date. He will answer all your questions, address your concerns, and make sure you feel comfortable before we proceed. He will then check in with you weekly until your project begins to keep you updated.
- A few weeks before your start date, you’ll have the opportunity to receive an hour of color consultation from one of our experts in order to ensure that your house will look as beautiful as you imagine it. We will also provide anything you need for approval from your HOA, if applicable.
- The week leading up to your start date, we will contact you to set your start date in stone and make sure the weather is compliant for exterior jobs.
- Before we start painting, we will walk through your project with you and the lead painter in order to make sure we are all on the same page as far as what needs to be done. Once we all agree, the painters will do any prep work necessary such as exterior pressure washing or drywall repair.
- During the project, we will communicate daily about arrival time, progress reports, and any concerns you have.
- At the end of the project, we’ll walk around the space with you to address any touch ups you see the need for before we ask for your final payment.
EXTERIOR COMMON PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS
- Peeling: Areas of houses that usually peel are often made of real wood (such as trim and siding) that expands and contracts in various weather conditions, ultimately resulting in peeling. Once peeling occurs, portions of your house are exposed to the elements, inviting rot and mold to take over.
- We will scrape off the peeling paint to reduce the chance of future peeling, sand the area thoroughly so that the paint adheres consistently, and cover with a high quality primer before applying the final layer of paint.
- Cracking: When caulk expands and contracts due to changes in weather, it can start to crack. This leaves parts of your home exposed to the elements, which can lead to warped boards, rot, or mold.
- We will reseal your home with high-quality siliconized acrylic caulk, which paint can adhere to and is more flexible and will be able to breathe with the house throughout each season.
- Fading: When UV rays from the sun break down the resin in paint, which is the main component that protects houses, fading occurs. Without this protection moisture can get in to the boards, which can lead to warped boards, rot, or mold.
- We will power wash off any dust or residue from the chalking paint before preparing the surface for painting. On sides of the building that get the most sunlight, we recommend an extra coat of paint or a coat of primer for extra protection.
- Nail Holes: when there are unsealed nail holes in your house, water can collect there, which can lead to rot or mold.
- We will seal the holes with high quality caulk in order to prevent water buildup before painting your house.
INTERIOR COMMON PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS
- Nail Holes: We will caulk, sand, and paint over them so that they are undetectable.
- Previous Patchwork: If there is a wall previously repaired, there may be a noticeable patch on the wall where the texture is different. While it’s not possible to make the texture match completely, we will get as close as possible by sanding or using texturizing spray so that our paint job will look as seamless as it can.
- Dents or Cracks: We will smooth putty over dents and caulk seams of cracks, then lightly sand so that when we paint, the wall will look smooth and blemish-free
- Personal Belongings: We ask that you remove everything from your walls and move furniture to the center of the room in order for us to steer clear of harming any of your belongings. If there are large pieces of art, bolted TVs, or things of this nature, we cannot guarantee that we can take them down or paint around them so for special circumstances, we would need to adjust the cost of your project accordingly.
OUTSIDE OUR SCOPE OF WORK
- Large drywall repair
- Touch-ups only without a full project
- Wallpaper removal
- Popcorn ceiling removal
- Artistic painting
- Exact match colors
- Major woodworking